Guest Blog: Whole Foods: Asians at the Sushi Stand (orig: wholefoodsのこと)
Kumasaki-san has written a small piece on the phenomenon of hiring only people of Asian decent to work at the sushi stand at Whole Foods. If they had a soul food stand, would they hire only black people? There are all kinds of people at the middle eastern stand, and the pizza appears to be made by American of northern European decent, but, for some reason, sushi has to be made by “real” Asians, who, of course, AREN’T EVEN JAPANESE.
The post is in Japanese, which is OK for my Japanese friends. The rest of you can get your dictionaries out.
In the mean time, here is a serious analysis of sushi bar etiquette.
About Pete LarsonResearcher at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research.
- New chapter from myself in a Springer volume: “Access to Health Care in Sub-Saharan Africa: Challenges in a Changing Health Landscape in a Context of Development”
- Best Records of 2018
- I Wrote a Blog Post in R Markdown and Posted it to WordPress
- Cool R packages I found today
- Data Explorer package in R
Buy Books From Amazon!
Search this blog:
- Maybe I should just do another PhD. That was pretty cool and I COULD DO ACTUAL RESEARCH WORK 2 hours ago