Guest Blog: Whole Foods: Asians at the Sushi Stand (orig: wholefoodsのこと)
Kumasaki-san has written a small piece on the phenomenon of hiring only people of Asian decent to work at the sushi stand at Whole Foods. If they had a soul food stand, would they hire only black people? There are all kinds of people at the middle eastern stand, and the pizza appears to be made by American of northern European decent, but, for some reason, sushi has to be made by “real” Asians, who, of course, AREN’T EVEN JAPANESE.
The post is in Japanese, which is OK for my Japanese friends. The rest of you can get your dictionaries out.
In the mean time, here is a serious analysis of sushi bar etiquette.
About Pete LarsonResearcher at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research.
- I was interviewed by WCBN on Covid-19
- How many workers are testing positive for Covid 19?
- Bars and restaurants need to develop systems to inform customers when a staff member tests positive for Covid 19
- The public has a right to know when service employees test positive for Covid 19
- Michigan, you are in trouble.