Mapping America: Every City, Every Block
As if to say that race doesn’t matter in the US, the New York Times, using block level Census data, has come up with a sweet online app to explore the distribution of racial groups in the United States.
Still waiting for the huge block level data dump for the rest of us data nerds.
About Pete LarsonResearcher at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research. Lecturer in the University of Michigan School of Public Health and at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I do epidemiology, public health, GIS, health disparities and environmental justice. I also do music and weird stuff.
- New publication: Environmental and Household-Based Spatial Risks for Tungiasis in an Endemic Area of Coastal Kenya
- New paper out: “Indoor apparent temperature, cognition, and daytime sleepiness among low-income adults in a temperate climate”
- New publication: An urban-to-rural continuum of malaria risk: new analytic approaches characterize patterns in Malawi
- New publication: Recurrent home flooding in Detroit, MI 2012-2020
- Do stray dogs raise risk for human infections of a skin burrowing flea in Kenya?