Kumasaki-san has written a small piece on the phenomenon of hiring only people of Asian decent to work at the sushi stand at Whole Foods. If they had a soul food stand, would they hire only black people? There are all kinds of people at the middle eastern stand, and the pizza appears to be made by American of northern European decent, but, for some reason, sushi has to be made by "real" Asians, who, of course, AREN'T EVEN JAPANESE. The post is in Japanese, which is OK for my Japanese friends. The rest of you can get your dictionaries out. In the mean time, here is a serious analysis of sushi bar etiquette.
- Slams against Mandela expose the racist underbelly of the United States
- Elsevier Journal Retracts Bogus Study on GMOs to the Benefit of Humanity
- Completely Obvious yet Wholly Unanswered Questions about the Westgate Mall Attack in Kenya
- Do Americans know that there are cities in Africa?
- The Poor and their Teeth: What to Make of Linda Tirado
Search this blog: